The Best Roasted Peanuts!!!
BEST ROASTED PEANUTS EVER!
When I'm not sewing breastfeeding covers I'm in the kitchen inventing weird strange sugar free recipes! Since I prefer home made rather than shop bought I thought I'd roast some peanuts. After a few attempts at perfecting the good ol roasted peanuts I reckon I found the secret!
- I usually buy a kilo bag of the best large raw peanuts from the local nut guy
- Place the peanuts in a large colander.
- Boil the kettle!
- Pour the hot boiling water all over the peanuts and let the water drain
- Immediately sprinkle 1 - 2 tablespoons of salt (depending on how salty you like your nuts) and mix well
- Place flat on a baking tray
- Roast in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Stir the peanuts and cook for another 15 minutes or cook till brown
- IMPORTANT: make sure you keep a close eye on it as the peanuts can burn easily if your oven is too strong (yep... speaking from experience after ruining a couple bags of peanuts)
- Test a couple to make sure it's nice a crunchy
- Once cool.... you EAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment