The Story of Milk Me
How it all began.......
It all started 2 years ago with a mum who wanted to breastfeed her baby but gagged at the thought of dirty smelly toilets, a husband who made the impossible seem possible and 1 home/hand made breastfeeding cover. So here are the 3 reasons why I made that breastfeeding cover that eventually would change the course of my life.....
1. When I first had my baby and would wander off looking for a ‘mum and bub’ room to breastfeed my baby, I EXPECTED this..........
But instead sometimes I would find this!
A dirty disabled toilet with a chair in it? THIS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE CAN BE LABELED A BREASTFEEDING ROOM PEOPLE!!!! I was shocked that someone thought "hmmmmmm ok let me just put this chair here...... and.... voila..."
2. When I got sick of the unsuitable toilets disguised as a breastfeeding room or just could not find a room fast enough for my hungry screaming baby, I’d sit somewhere like a shopping centre or park bench to breastfeed. Most people were ok with that but sometimes you’d get the occasional..........
There’s nothing exciting happening here guys! Just a hungry baby having a feed! I might have been ok with it if Jake was having a peek (yes we are talking Gyllenhaal) (if you are reading this Babes, you are sexier than Jake but you see my boobs everyday so for this blog we needed Jake)
3. And the 3rd reason was because I love a good gasbag!
I don’t want to miss a minute of it so sitting in a room for an hour or more every 2 hours was not my idea of fun! I get to gaze lovingly into my baby’s eyes everyday and night so I don’t need to do it while there’s a party going on outside too! I can’t have that glass of bubbly (even though I can hear it all my name) because I’m breastfeeding so that alone is a BIG enough sacrifice!
So along came the breastfeeding cover. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it and brought it with me everywhere. Just shoved it in my baby bag and off I went. It solved ALL my problems! I can now feed my baby anywhere and no more accidental boobie peep show when nosy baby decides to latch off just as strangers are walking past. (followed by the quirts of foremilk in baby's eyes)
Whenever I used it, other mum’s always asked about it and asked where I got it. Then came the light bulb moment. So with the help of my hubby who makes me feel like I can do (nearly) anything, together we created Milk Me. My Milk Me journey so far has been fun, scary and a whole lot of adventure! Just the way life should be.
xoxo
Sabrina
Great work Sabrina and congratulations on your new journey. As a breastfeeding mother, I surely understand what you mean in your humorous post above. Looking forward to your upcoming blog posts here.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Lucky
http://homeofhomemadetreasures.blogspot.com.au/
Thank you very much Mrs. Lucky for your kind words. I do hope you keep reading my future blogs too and always keep in touch ;-) Sabrina
ReplyDelete