Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meatless sausage rolls


Dinner time can be such a pain in our house. I usually have to make something vegetarian for my veggo hubby, then make something kid friendly for my 2 children and finally make myself something in between the two.  If and when I find something that we can all enjoy it's total joy!

So when my darling friend found this divine meatless sausage roll I couldn't wait to try it.  And the results..... LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  It's no Four'N Twenty but it's pretty damn good.



So here's the recipe if you want to try these meat-less sausage rolls!

Makes 12
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25-30mins

Ingredients

1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup almonds
3 eggs
1 medium onion chopped
1 tablespoon dried herbs (i use tarragon, parsley and italian herbs)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 sheets reduced fat puff pastry

1. Pre heat oven to 200c. Process cottage cheese, almonds, eggs, onion, herbs and soy sauce in blender. Add oats and breadcrumbs.Pulse until combined

2. Cut pastry into 4 squares. Fill each sheet with 2 tablespoon of mixture. Roll into sausage shape.

3. Line baking tray with baking paper. Place rolls on tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes till brown.


Hope you like it ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Bookmarking this! Thank you for the share. I surely love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete